PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2012, 12:52
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S
Originally Posted by urge
USMCProbe,

Just wanted to give you a heads up. First of all on forums, people tend to get heated and sometimes find themselves embellishing to get a point across which there is no doubt I have. I can't give all the details on the forum for the program I'm in. Anyhow, some Chinese airlines are hiring guys with no PIC time on type and some are doing it with under 500 as long as you have good number of hours and PIC time. International experience is useful too. Hainan Airlines is working both, and i've only seen a couple recruiters advertising for one of them.
Anyhow, I am a twice furloughed guy that is trying to make ends meet, and to keep a roof over my head and feed my family. You are fortunate enough to be able to take a leave at UAL while many of us did not have that opportunity. I'm kind of leading the bunch on how this program goes, so I must be positive. If i can get through, then it opens up the doors for those guys with high hours but with PIC time elsewhere. Nothing is official yet, but hoping other furloughees that had to go international might have a chance of salvaging their careers for awhile. What I am asking is for you to not rock the boat on this program please. Not sure if Hainan Airlines is doing anything different under the Hainan Group or not relative to the other airlines. Yes, we can sling mud all day long on a forum but now it's on a different level when it could affect a family.

Sorry, off topic again. URGE pmailed me a couple of times, the first one civil, the second one threatening. I told him I would not post his first email to PPRUNE, but then he threatened me as well. The mantra of the guilty?

Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations. His first pmail is cut and pasted from my PPRUNE email. His second email is far worse.

This guy deserves the 2012 Darwin Award for Career Progression. He "outed" himself, publicly, on PPRUNE and APC. If he had just kept his mouth and keyboard shut, he might have had a shot at pulling it off, as I am sure many others have. I still can't believe it.

From his first couple of posts over a month ago, I just thought the guy was a kid. He had a small amount of knowledge, but it seemed like little real experience. Add his immature rants at everyone. I really thought he was a 16 year old. When I was glancing at my old airline forum on APC, and saw URGE, I still thought he was a kid, looking for info.

URGE, you are my hero.

"Snatching Defeat, from the jaws of Victory"