PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2012, 20:35
urge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waltair,

It's not as easy as that. Plenty of guys have learned to try and speak the language, and embrace the culture yet get harassed by management as much as their peers that don't do anything. Companies like Korean Air, don't care about what you've done for them the past 12 years, they only care about now and have no concept of being understanding or fair because they don't think they have to. Captains at Korean Air can get written up by their F/Os, and have no way to defend themselves of any accusations. Don't get the name of who wrote them up or no fair response. You are guilty first, regardless if you had a flawless record for the past decade and no issues at all. I've seen this happen with many pilots there. That's just Korean Air. There are definitely airlines in China that are trying to handle the expat issue but you have to remember the country - communist. It's their way, which is fine, since it's their rules but when they don't abide by the contract, they wrote and signed for, then that's where the problems arise. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Fortunately, i haven't had to deal with this yet, but many contractual complaints are valid. The complaints i take issue with are the same negative ones that group ALL chinese airlines or ALL aircraft types (wide body and narrow). There are major differences company to company and plane type to plane type. Perhaps what you say rings true with some of the repeat negative posters on this forum. But it's really not that simple.