PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2012, 23:15
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really doubt any of those good results aredue to good strategy, new team or new product. I even think their focus on business strategy is wrong and quite sure they are selling very little fully flex tickets or gaining any big corporate contract. They say they gained a lot of business passengers, well, based on their Q1 numbers (Oct-Dec), this is true in actual term as they had more capacities, but their corporate share is still 18%, as it has always been for the last 5 years. easyJet will never get more than 20-22% of business PAX just with more sales people or not very usefull fully flex offer.
I think you have it right there that EZY dont sell big amount of flex tickets but I would disagree that 'their focus on business strategy is wrong'.

Easyjet can charge fares slightly lower than BA and similar european flag carriers on routes with good frequency. The strategy of going to convenient/primary airports keeps them out of direct competition of Ryanair in many markets (yes there is a lot of duplication in some markets). Since they are then not in a lot of markets heavily competing with Ryanair but instread BA, IB, AZ, AF etc they can achieve more respectable yields.

I would also disagree that easyjet will only get 20-22% share of biz pax, I believe that the brand is growing in popularity. Bring in pre assigned seating, get that right and the offer is not far from most of its flag carriers competitors.