PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London allowance to go
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2012, 21:50
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
The loss of this allowance, the bulk of Home to Duty for train travel over the next 2 years, the lack of any quarters anywhere near MoD, the loss of INVOLSEP status if living alone away from the family in a pokey London bedsit, the linking of the quarters problem and loss of INVOLSEP to eligibility for Continuity of Education Allowance making it unworkable, made me realise that enough was enough; I PVR'd and stuck 2 fingers up to a choice job in CAS's outer office and serving out the next 10 years of guaranteed employment.

I now have a nice lump sum in the bank paying for my kid's education, a job and life far less stressful, the ability to see my child grow up without enforced 6 month holidays every 2-3 years and when my pension is added to my current salary I earn nearly as much without the cr@p! Quite simply, the erosion of all of these pay/allowances payment meant that the Queen's Shilling has devalued to the worth of Greek Govt Bonds in recent times - Military Covenant, you must be kidding!

No wonder there were no officer aircrew redundancies in the latest Redundancy announcement - most of us are, have been, or are about to f^ck off in droves! Measures like this only serve to make that decision so much easier. Just wait for further erosion of Flying Pay Terms and Conditions and the new Armed Forces Pension Scheme and that will see off the remainder clinging on hoping things will get better sometime soon - sadly I fear that Occam's Razor will apply.

LJ