PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 months left to new work hours guys... do this now...
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 21:52
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why for example do Lufthansa pilots allow other VC members to have worse conditions then their own? Why are they forbidding other pilot groups (LH subcontractors, LH Italia aso) to share their privileges?
You do not seem to have a shimmer of a clue about how VC works. Quite understandably from someone from switzerland where there is at least one union per company and nobody from the bigger one helps the smaller ones at all (which lead to a complete erosion of T&Cs in Belair for example), which is actually quite different from the VC where the main money comes from LH guys and the main part of the work is done for other companies. And yes, each pilot group has to represent themselves and has to negotiate their own CLAs in germany, LH can't help me at all (apart from paying our lawyers) in my non-LH company, simply because it would be illegal.

And of course the current legal framework is always the basis during every negotiation about T&C's, which will make it much harder if not impossible to hold current CLA's. And especially in germany many parts of the CLA's are not defined independent of the current legislation, which means that those CLA's will change with changing rules.