PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2012, 15:54
Dreamshiner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lot of conjecture and second guessing here, which when it comes to airlines is a pointless and ultimately unrewarding task.

I interviewed late in the year and was successful, Boeing rated, not a huge amount of hours (1,000 TT)

I've found everyone I've dealt with to date (bar one) engaging, enthusiastic and friendly.

I also understand that a company that's always striving to keep overheads down consequently has limited resources. Which on one hand reinforces the need to keep on top of the financials with employees but also causes frustration at times at the constant "we're so poor" mantra.

It's safe to say in such an operation, when it actively recruits 130ish pilots last year and 80ish in the latest drive, those finite resources are going to be stretched. Now for 200+ pilots (of which you are getting emails from those on 150+ hours plus "I'll have my fATPL in 3 months time" to all those who have qualified in the past 3 years during the slump creating the backlog, to those with decent time from other airlines that have gone bust)

So what do we reckon? 400-500 cabin crew have been recruited as well to crew those extra aircraft for the 200+ pilots? For the reasons stated above then I reckon its safe to say that the recruitment team in total have been pretty stretched. When that happens then you can expect the odd thing here and there to be overlooked or put on a to-do list.

While I accept that on occasion it would have been nice to have had a bit more information and for those still in limbo, the courtesy of knowing either way, I'm not going to throw the toys from the pram. If this airline wasn't growing at 5-6% a year but more conservatively such as many others in the UK at present then I'm sure it would be much slicker.

If I want a letters through each stage in embossed and watermarked paper, then I'll continue to apply to BA.