Old 22nd Jan 2012, 02:31
VGCM66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
>>Bonin: 'But I have been pulling back on the stick all the way for a while.'
>>Dubois: 'No, no, no, don't climb.'
>>Robert: 'Ok give me control, give me control.'
>>Dubois: 'Watch out you are pulling up.'
>>Robert: 'Am I?'
All three were clueless. Bonin flew that plane into a stall condition, not on purpose but it doesn't matter really except that he did. Robert became more preoccupied/obsessed on giving the controls back to the captain instead of taking charge of the airplane and the situation. The captain arrived too late and the plane had already stalled and time-left was fast becoming shorter.

I can accept that only the captain had received the training to escape stall conditions but that doesn't mean the other two didn't know/hear/read/test about them. How can you get an air pilot license without completely know about airplane stalls? How could they possibly ignore the First time "Stall + Calvary" warning? Not the second or third one or even less the 70+ time. How one pilot, after hearing the warning for the first time asked: What is that? and the other one didn't reply?

How do three professional pilot lose sight of altitude until 28,000ft were gone-by? Then another 6,000ft? Then, at less than 4000ft, one of them realized the possibility of death.