PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch -2
Thread: Monarch -2
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2012, 10:24
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyflyer; I realise that this is the Monarch thread, but wanted to respond to your comments.

what I said about Easyjet and Monarch being in the same position between FR and BA still rings true. It's just that my opinion is that easyjet is in a much stringer position both in network, market share, pax numbers and the fact it's a cash rich company.
I agree completely. The Easyjet Strategy is a robust one. 'Low Fares to Convenient Airports' and a distinct effort to be the business travellers choice are very clever. Differentitating in this way keeps Easyjet apart from Ryanair who are completely focused on cost leadership.

Easyjet will command a strong yield as they are positioning themselves at airports that typically Ryanair wont go to or set a base up at eg Malpensa, Amsterdam, Paris CDG, Gatwick etc. as a good price alternative to higher cost national airlines.

The business strategy is a good plus especially for winter, where if you are too leisure focused it can be extremely challenging.

Easyjet have a truly European brand and have had steady progress, I for one find them great. And Staff travel facility is not half bad either!