PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA spends millions chasing Milton Jones aviation business
Old 20th Jan 2012, 02:07
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets ignore the generalities.

'The Australian' article implies that CASA are being forced to the High court, at great expense in order to obtain 'uncut' un – edited footage. We have all seen 'Lord of the Rings' an so on, so it is fair to assume that the average 'punter' is very much aware of the incredible powers 'movie makers' have to distort reality.

Things that trouble me are:- the TV (media) natural, inherent and commercially driven need to draw attention to their product; the lack of communication in the first place between a named "star" operator and the authority; an finally that none of this is anymore than quasi legal speculation at the moment.

Not one to defend this iteration of CASA, but a 'proper' regulator should (would ?) be given the tapes to help satisfy their questions and if required, lay their charges; I for one would want those charges laid, then proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

But if the tapes disprove the allegations, I want someone's head on a pole for the impost to the country and for being dumb enough to believe everything they see at the movies is real.

I don't believe the disputed 'evidence' can be denied CASA indefinitely, so why bother; except for the obvious reasons. Shades of JQ appear around the edges of this; but I would like some qualified opinion related to the Act and air operations conducted on private property (private operations is a whole other mess); whether it is, or is not illegal to tow a skier behind a chopper and, is it legal to let the rotor slow down unattended after engine shut down ?.

Can anyone not a bar room barrister assist, because on the face of it, it's mess.

Steam off.