PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilots Ponder BMI Proposal
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2012, 16:47
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I can fairly safely say that I probably know more about what's going on than our BALPA CC do...
pretty much comes under the:

However, at this moment in time that is not certain and there's a lot of rumour and conjecture flying about on here that doesn't tally with what I know to be fact at this point in time.
As no-one knows what is going to happen. Not even IAG as they have given a commitment based upon the result of the Pilots ballot.

Speculatively it looks like integration, at which point the 90 day consultation for TUPE can begin. Not before! Hence any 'fact' based upon TUPE regulations is automatically speculation and rumour.

If the BA Pilots think BMI isn't worth 2 days holidays and a productivity increase then BMI continues on its merry, loss making, way. No TUPE, no integration , nothing. Be sure as eggs are eggs though that the T's & C's within BMI would be slashed. Say 'no' and the slots get leased until IAG need them and BMI goes under.

As much as anyone moans about integration it seems to be the lesser of two evils at the moment.

All rumour and conjecture of course as I, although I keep myself very well informed, cannot, for certain, forsee the outcome of the ballot or the TUPE discussion if relevant.