PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 6th Jan 2012, 18:59
Super Stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you seriously need to get over yourselves.

A BA DEP will start on £50K and if you make it to your final pp will finish on £185,000. If you haven't got enough years left to get to your final pp, well thats the life of a DEP for you. Twas ever so. Until the retirement age change I wasn't going to get to the end of my 24 pay point scale either, so what...they were the cards I was dealt.

Are any of you even aware 6 days ago we got another pay rise, 3.5%, less than 9 months since the last rise (4%), and in the current climate! Yes Guys, you weigh up the option of whether to join or not. I'm willing to bet to a man you sign up.

HiWing

If BA pilots voted NO, then it really could be the start of a new era
of that I have absolutely no doubt, but our mental models differ wildly!

Ive often thought theres a case for age discrimination in seniority, could be fun to follow this up....
Taking out your frustrations with BA by making thinly veiled threats against your future collegues does you no favours. Child/tantrum springs to mind.

Studi,

I'm not sure where you stand as a stakeholder in this process, but you just can't seem to grasp the issues as stake. This is the UK, not Germany. You seem to have little to no understanding of UK labour laws. What is legally defensible and what is not. Despite what you say I promise you, you have never been in this situation before. If you did you would understand. Despite the efforts of others you still seem to have little understanding of the issues. Stop comparing it to your company/country/legal system/employment laws/unions. It's different.

Blaming Balpa, such an easy target. What would you suggest they do regards ptf etc.

Oh yes Strike! Strike!, Strike.