PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun, Botswana. The essential guide.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2012, 11:23
flyingtool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and next season everybody have couple of bears from me
Mate what type of bears? Grizzly or Black bears? There's quite a few big fat hairy guys there if those type of bears are more your fancy. But for the majority of the guys there they prefer donkeys and goats and goats standing on top of donkeys. I've got a friend who's very fond of Eurasian Brown Bears so could you smuggle one in?

I was thinking of heading to Maun in early January, but I've heard some discouraging news from someone who is there and now I am not so sure. Apparently, including South Africans who have gone home over the holidays, there are already over 30 people looking for work in Maun. He also told me that Mack Air, Wilderness and Moremi have already hired and he is not sure if they will hire any more.
The problems with getting work visas for expats also seem to be continuing so the companies are hiring more local pilots and have a preference for expats with at least 500+hrs and an instructor rating as it is easier to get visas for them. It also appears that there are a lot of people heading there in January too so I am not sure if our chances are going to be very good.
What are other people thinking?