PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia - Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 5th Jan 2012, 22:54
elrehab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im sure i can provide some useful knowledge and i have had my feet a little in the industry. Im not saying all airlines are the same, but im told that virgin and jetstar spoon feed their people hence the airheads present. now this certain airline i just recently was dismissed from a few days before graduation, runs training 'boot camp' style..its a budget airline, take a guess what it is.....from what the trainer told me, whatever age you may be, if you are not 'academically' smart you wont make it and they dont provide help to you, they want to weed you out...its more like handing you a manual of the airline operations and telling you to go figure it out, no practical experience. this airline is on my ban list because its crappola.

as i mentioned before i was on a months on end wait list...these people dont care, you need to abide by their rules. they can be unfair to you, but they wont allow you to make any mistakes. i think the spoon feed comment they made about virgin is taking things too far, im sure virgin treat their training crew in a much more humane way than i was treated..i was made to sign documents when im there bawling my eyes out, no offer of providing tissues to me was made, they threw cheap shots at me, they used other training crew to get information about me...the airline industry is cut throat, if you dont meet to their standards, they will cut you off before you even know it..its nasty. and its funny that they are all about safety, but hiring kids fresh out of school does nothing to enhance safety..

the reason i was dismissed is because i apparently didnt grasp the information fast enough, i was expected to grasp the imformation after being only 1 day in their actual aircraft. this budget airline company can go to hell.

i wanted to send them a email of my unfair treatment however im scared because the lowest human being of a trainer has been in the airline industry for 30 years or so...if i do complain, she will pass word to every airline about me, so i just sit here shutting my mouth in anger at how brutal people can be