PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 5th Jan 2012, 16:58
Abbey Road

Received 24 Likes on 4 Posts
So, it would appear that potential joiners to BA want current BA pilots to voluntary move from a 24-point pay scale to a 34-point pay scale, so that all the pilots can experience some sort of unity? How quaint.

A 34-point pay scale is not contracted for those already in BA, nor is it what they signed up for, and I don't think you would get a single serving BA pilot even contemplating it! Why? Not because they are bad people, but because there is no justifiable reason for them to somehow subsidise the pay of new joiners. All those advocating the 'fluffy unity' pay scale option - you wouldn't do it if you were already in BA!

Those wishing to join BA in the future still have the option of turning down any contract offered, but my sympathies do lie with the folk already in the hold pool, awaiting an offer. This will come as a blow, I know. You'll have to make some serious decisions about whether it is something you can live with.

For the 'fluffy unity' wannabes - get real!