PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Hour Bulding March/April
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2012, 14:49
CherokeeDriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my flight training there as well. Chris and Andy were both solid guys, as were my flight instructors. A quick gogo showed this was the result of the trial; Incidentally my Visa application was processed to the letter of the law.

Anglo-American Aviation Inc operated from 2001-2008 and hired 11 illegal immigrants as flight instructors during that period.
In 2007, the FAA revoked Anglo American's 141 certificate to train commercial pilots. After the certificate was revoked, Anglo American continued to solicit foreign students and issued illegal visa documents to more than 100 foreign students.
On May 20, 2010, Andrew Burr and Christopher Watson, the former President and Vice President of Anglo-American Aviation pleaded guilty to misdemeanor counts of hiring unauthorized workers.
Burr and Watson were sentenced to five years probation and the flight school must forfeit $250,000 in illegal profits.
Anglo-American Aviation also pleaded guilty to felony charges of making false statements and issuing false visa documents.
The company now is operating under a different name, American Aviation Academy.