PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 4th Jan 2012, 20:46
Yellow Pen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT - hardly a surprise you didn't get into BA. If I pitched up at an interview and commented that a union should be fighting the closure of a pension scheme that was hugely in deficit, with no short or medium term likelihood of returning to surplus and which was only getting worse, I'd expect to be politely shown the door too. Denial of reality does not a great pilot make.

HiWing - fighting talk is all well and good, but it's just that - talk. It's not a matter of balls, it's a matter of knowing when they've got your balls in a vice and there's nothing you can do about it. The courts in the UK are not very strike friendly, and there's every chance BA can legally circumvent any Scope agreements using bmi, whose pilots I have no doubt would be only too willing to assist. As for secrecy, the info, and there was precious little of that, was only released around 3pm today, and most BA pilots have better things to be doing right now than come on here to share it. If you're planning on heading east you'll soon find out what happens when management play hardball.