PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 4th Jan 2012, 19:45
HiWing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I really fail to understand is how a group would see themselves as united and looking after all, even tho they screw the new guys who in a few days / months they will be asking to join the union and stand united? This happened at Flybe, and if you don't know then I can tell you there aren't many happy bods there at any point on the seniority list.

Theres no pay for age / experience when joining BA, you look at the pay scales and think, ok ill have to wait 5 - 10 years to get to a respectable level, this makes it much harder.

From what I hear everyone in BA has been running scared of a BA express scenario and now management are pushing through a rushed deal, taking advantage of the fear and playing on your instinct for self preservation.

Mark my words, they'll come back for more, you need to grow some balls and draw the line.

Personally I will be declining my offer and heading east, those with command time can follow when you like, FOs a long way down the list at BA are in a bit of trouble I would suggest old pay scale or no