PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2011, 21:30
gobbledock

Location: Alabama, then Wyoming, then Idaho and now staying with Kharon on Styx houseboat
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CASA do not think I am a fit and proper person to hold a commercial pilots license. Ironically Motorcycling Queensland think that I am such a fit and proper person they have awarded me Queensland Official of the Year because of my safety conscious approach towards Motorcycling.
John, good point. I am an accredited member of CAMS. They have rigorous high standards and a 'bench mark' and 'entry level standard' that make Fort Fumble look like the two-bit outfit it is. Plus the risks in motorsport in general are higher than flying an R22 around a rice paddock.

'Fit and proper person' and section 28 of the act are CASA's 'get out of jail free cards'. They dont have to nail you with anything specific, they just put together a trail of weak ****e and attach 'don't think you are a fit and proper person' to it and you are toast. Under the current system this is legal and an accepted practise.
Hypothetically, its like getting pulled over on the road, lets say in your case John on a high powered Ducati. The copper hates Ducati's, he is a Honda freak, so the entire charade is a farce simply designed to nail you for riding a bike the copper does not like. Although you weren't speeding Constable Plod simply hates Ducati's, so Constable Plod, and his offsider, let's say Senior Constable Koontz (always two on one, another CASA tactic) decide to book you for doing 113 km/h in an 80 km/h zone. They make sure you are in an area where there are of course no camera's or anything else that could work against their 'claim' that you were speeding, and the subsequent fine. Now, let that run its course and wind up before a court and see what the outcome is. The Beak will side with Constables Plod and Koontz almost every single time, it is the nature of the tainted beast.

We live in a part of the world governed by a corrupt and stacked Westminster system.