PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest on Hainan Airlines
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2011, 13:28
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worldrover;
I will try to be as nice as I can with this, but that may not be that nice. All you want to know is about "accomodation, schedules, etc". Ahahaa. Me too! Who doesn't.

This applies to "real" airlines in the first world as well, except China and most of Asia are capitalism on "fast forward", including aviation.

i work for the Hainan Group. Accommodation? You will stay in the worst dumps you have ever had a nightmare about. Schedules? You will fly whatever the local pilots don't want to (this is the same at all contract jobs). Promises? Maybe they didn't mean to break them, but things have changed since you applied, so deal with it. Or maybe they just f#$$%%^king lied in the first place.

Sorry, but if you come here with an open mind and a good attitude, and you are VERY F@#$%$king lucky, it might work out for you. Come here, but first are worried about "scheduling, accommodation, rostering, etc", you are going down a path that will lead to professional destruction. Questioning the opinions of those that are here, as long as the answers you receive on "scheduling, accommodation, rostering" might not be what you expected. Ahahaha.

Sorry, like I said you might not like the answer. I have had it great here for the last 5 months. It is a dream job. The first year, I packed my bags to leave the next day, 3 times, and quit once. My dream job might change again to a nightmare tomorrow and there is nothing I can do about it but quit.

I am OK with this. Are you? If not, China is not for you.

There is not a single ex 320 skipper flying a 330 for HNair. You would be an experiment. Chinese experiments are painful, and destructive.

Good luck to you.