PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ferry DC-4 Crash 3 June 1967
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2011, 07:12
MinervaFord

What brings me here? I guess a somewhat personal history of events, relating to my family and this specific disaster.

My Father told me a story today about my Grandparents in the 1960s. My Grandfather was asked by friends in the summer of 1967 if they would like to join them on a trip to Perpignan. Apparently he was very hopeful of going on this trip and tried to convince my Grandmother to accept the invitation to join the other couple on this holiday. However, my Grandmother was simply afraid of flying and was adamant that she did not want to go. They ended up not going. If they had decided to go, my Mother (aged 12) would have been on the flight also. My Grandmother and Grandfather actually witnessed the flight leave Manston Airport (I believe they watched the plane head off from the vantage point of Sandwich Bay).

Life is so fragile. One moment of history can change everything. My prayers go out to all those who perished in the Perpignan Air Disaster, on behalf of myself and my dear grandparents who blessed my life and are no longer with me.