PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2011, 20:27
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kharon

If they do, it will add fuel to the fire. Paul is not exactly in his 30/40/50's any more and what do they think that would achieve? He has nothing to lose. Not a good target IMHO.

He has the pen on his side and we all know the mightier of pen and sword.

CASA need to understand all this built up frustration and anger in some cases is well founded and going to boil over at some point.

Myself personally? I have never had a problem with them, apart from one time where left hand had no idea about right, nor the requirements. When I know more about the rego process than hey do it is a funny day.

My biggest concern is the future of the industry. Seen a few folk being being done over, yet others who really need it get ignored.

I see Casa trying hard to make positive steps, the aging aircraft study for example, but honestly how many folk will welcome heir team into their hangar for some serious one on one fact finding? Very few. Why is that?

Why when word is around that RAA and or CASA folk will be attending an event a large number of folk run and hide. And not because they are cowboys, just that we all know, every time you fly some rule hidden somewhere is bound to be broken.

Yet on the other hand the Langley Park fly in right in the middle of Perth went really well, close work with CASA and during the event they relaxed and said effectively, you guys have this nailed, you don't need us watching over your shoulder.

There are glimmers of hope, but they need to market he selves better, and fix their product. To do that they need to quite the BS like prosecuting the JQ'S of this world perhaps go back and right some wrongs and show some good faith, be seen to be fixing their mistakes. Of course they will be afraid of law suites left right and centre if they do that ..... But they have to face up to the music for a change. An Amnesty is what they need to get out of that one.

Enough ranting, for now. Get behind fixing up our regulator folks