PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 18:27
JMSA_PILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!
Since my last message on this post I went to BAA did my type rating and you guys are still here.
I really enjoyed my time in BAA.
Is it cheap? Depends on the rating and type, but remember, you pay peanuts you get monkeys. But do you really want a monkey by your back on a FFS?
We were a group of 4 pilots for the type on the bus and did it well.
Can't say it was easy, we worked hard every single day, but at the end it turned out to be very good for us.
Sure not every thing is/was perfect, we found some gaps on the program, but it was related with their lack of know-how with the new sim. For example the paper-tiger... we didn't like, and we told them our opinion and they gave us the option to do the mock-up on the sim (without motion) when the sim was free so we can practice better, rather than being sited on a class room chair and doing the mock-up on the paper-tiger.
Sure the Hotel isn't a 5* hotel, but who cares?! Your not on leisure... I personally didn't dislike, and believe me I've been on a lot of 5* Hotels.
Baltic is growing fast and they still give personal attention to their client relation.
Not many TRTO's have their own SIM, BAA its not like Cockpit4U, GTA, RJ, SFC...that use the sim's from others...
But this is my opinion and my experience.
You can watch the videos from our interview on youtube and suit your self's.
Cheers!