PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 09:14
HPbleed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, just £60k. There was option of £10'000 living allowances, but I worked hard in the year lead up and had £4000 which was more than sufficient to live in NZ for a year, considering accomodation and transport is provided. That was 2007, look how much it has gone up in 4 years.

MJS23 I graduated in summer 2009, the training generally was average, particularly in NZ. Young instructors just hour building to get into an NZ airline. Bournemouth was noticeably better with experienced instructors who had once upon a time flown for an airline or military.

The repayments are so high because I spent 14/15 months between graduating and getting a job with flexicrew. In that time I did a lot of part time and temporary work to try and pay the bills - they gave us no idea of when we might actually get a position so it was difficult to get a full time job. The loan was sat there, HSBC had agreed to interest only payments, but the time scale never changed, so effectively I'm now paying off the same amount but in 5 and a half years instead of 7.