PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abu Dhabi Aviation
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2011, 01:15
afzrotor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experience

Ephiphany. I know what you mean. Also find a lot of guys telling me how good they are and what they can do and all with less experience than me. It leaves me wondering how much of it is BS and how much is true. It usually comes out in the end, but I have known people to get jobs they are not actually qualified for by being economical with the truth. We call it "parker pen hours" where I grew up!

However,I prefer to get there slowly and honestly and push my limits so that they remain just inside my abilities. Any instructor / check pilot should be able to judge whether you have been less than honest or not, then again, maybe he wasn't .

These days it seems like nobody wants to invest in pilots, we are expected to arrive already qualified and experienced. I really don't mind serving my time in return for an endorsement on a particular aircraft. And if you look back to just 4 years ago, there did not seem to be all these requirements for 300 hrs / 1 year offshore experience, but since then, I have not noticed offshore machines falling out of the sky, so why suddenly all these restrictions?

Ah well, i shall sally forth and keep knocking on doors and hopefully I may come across a guy in a pinch who can persuade his client and their insurers that I am "safe" enough to fly for them

Aluta Continua