PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Riverside Flight Center - pros and cons
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2011, 01:06
amrickv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having just finished my my PPl, Instrument rating, CPL and multi add on in under 7 months i really wonder what the above poster has been upto at RFC. its true Yuri runs a tight ship but from what I experienced if you work hard enough yuri goes well out of his way and contract to make sure you not only get your licenses done fast but also meet your conversion requirements at little to no cost.

As for Yuri making you fly only when he wants you to makes me ask the question as to why you dont want to fly in the first place. I've done 6 to 7 hours on certain days and i've been constantly reminded by Yuri that if i'm tired I should take a break. Riverside flight center is a flight school, you go there to become a pilot not to fool around.

As for this back before 10 p.m nonsense i've heard of absolutely no such thing. In fact I remember Yuri taking us bowling after this supposed deadline. Every weekend myself and the boys are usually out around Tulsa till early next morning and its common knowledge to Yuri that we do so. Now that i;m back home i'm really missing the good times there.

I've been fined a few times for not keeping the apartment clean but its always been removed the next inspection if myself and my room mates get it cleaned up. And when i say not clean I mean beer bottles and leftover food all over the apartment after a good weekend bash.
When leaving riverside i was surprised to find that I didnt have any fines remaining at all.
The apartments are in great condition if you continue to keep it like that. True the price per month is a little steep but what can you expect. Yuri is running a flight school not a charity. I really have no idea how he runs at a profit with all the free flying hours he gives students to meet their airline requirements. And anyway the apartment charges are included in the guaranteed course and its still is cheaper than most flight school that dont even provide you with living accommodation.

Having spoken to a few students from other leading schools I really have no clue as to why riverside could even get a bad review. One student I spoke to from Phoenix told me that he had spent nearly 6 months and around 40,000 USD (Just on the flying not on accommodation, food etc) and he had still not completed his private license. I believe I spent that amount on my complete flying course including accommodation and transport to and from the airfield.

I would recommend riverside to anyone and i'll give them the same advice. IF your passion is aviation and you want be the best at it go to riverside flight center.
At the end of the day don't blame a system that works for your short comings

All the best to any prospective pilots.
Blue skies

Last edited by amrickv; 25th Jul 2020 at 20:27.