PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Phelan 's latest
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2011, 18:39
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
What needs to be demonstrated is an identical series of maneuvers that replicate the images seen on the original video together with a time stamped video of what the instruments are showing

Heli pilots should comment, but I would have thought the starting point would be to demonstrate a sustained 2G turn at Sixty degrees and the picture through the front as it is flown...assuming that this is within the R44 performance envelope, IAW loading, POH and Company operation manuals.

From there, go to a wing over, if that is an approved maneuver IAW loading, POH and Company operations manual.

I would then assume, not being a lawyer, that if it can be conclusively demonstrated that the alleged "acrobatic flight" can be duplicated by any competent helicopter pilot in an R44 under identical loading conditions entirely within the approved flight envelope as required by the POH, company operations manual and any applicable CASA regulations, then Mr. Quadrio has a foundation on which to build some form of legal argument.

All we need now is a Pilot, Helicopter, suitable guinea pigs, er. test subjects, cameras and money. However this needs to be planned by someone with the helicopter technical and operational expertise, or such test may become another casualty of CASA and result in more persecution. A lawyer also needs to look at how you would ensure that such a test complies with evidentiary standards.

Whats an R44 cost per hour?

P.S. I think older and wiser heads might like to think this idea through. Can such a test help or hinder Mr. Quadrio, pprune, etc?? What would the next step be assuming the test was successful?