PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Training in Poland
View Single Post
Old 16th Nov 2011, 15:35
Alek Mozajew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, there's more than Bartolini and Adriana. I run a school myself so I won't recommend any particular, but make sure that the school operates in winter as many suspend their operations when the snow falls. The IFR approaches are free and I never heard of any "pattern fee" in Poland. Most FTO's also don't charge separately for landings at the base airport so the prices are more straightforward. Quality of training is tough to measure, there's a Polish forum here :
Szybowce.Com - Grupy dyskusyjne - ava.samoloty
but please be warned, we call it "tiny hell"
Expect prices for basic single engine (C152,C172 etc.) between 450 and 650 PLN, complex (PA28, C177RG) between 650 and 900 PLN and multiengine (PA34 etc.) between 900 and 1300 PLN. The down payment could be tempting, but as recommended in this thread : http://www.pprune.org/professional-p...ol-tricks.html , I'd recommend that you exchange your money and pay as You fly. When I did my training it was a common practice that student paid about 20% upfront, then in flexible instalments as the course went and the final payment was made once the training was finished and after the payment confirmation was provided I recieved the written confirmation of training from the school. Hope this helps.