PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Most memorable passenger, or passengers you've carried..
Old 16th Nov 2011, 14:46
EN48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one famous, but a memorable experience nevertheless. When I moved to a beautiful Vermont village a couple of years ago, some of the locals found out I am a helicopter pilot and asked if I would give them a ride. One spectacular October day I showed up with the helicopter to give rides to about 10 interested folks. On one flight, the ages ranged from 10 years old to 87, and all on this flight were relatives. We did a 30 minute senic tour during which the 87 year old, the unofficial matriarch of the village with family going back several generations, asked if we could fly over her house, which we did. Of all the passengers we carried that day, she had the biggest smile at the end of the flight. On the following Sunday in church, the minister asked members of the congregation what they had learned in the past week. This old gal said, "I learned that I could fly in a helicopter and live to tell about it." Sadly, two months later her house burned to the ground and she survived only because a local volunteer fireman decided to go straight to the fire rather than going to the firehouse first. After a long recovery, she is doing fine and wants to go flying again.

Last edited by EN48; 16th Nov 2011 at 15:04.