PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training the Trainers (TtT) in the Commercial Twin Turbine World
Old 14th Nov 2011, 18:03
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS

I think you are getting the message. It IS all about being able to teach. Now, do you want to send your guys (in your role as CP or DO) to a sim centre so that the guys there can get some practice on live students?

You may say it's regrettable but those acronyms you list are vital documents that open doors. We can argue about the validity of that system but that's the reality.

Can I say it one more time. Your world and mine was created by an industry that used people with those qualifications and on the whole they were not dished out with the Corn Flakes. I know I had to work damned hard for three months to get mine and I'm sure that was the same in your military. The other FIs in the world also had to jump through hoops and satisfy examiners. The big problem lying in wait for the helicopter industry is that we will soon be relying on a wholly different animal - the SFI - and he comes with tuppence worth of training, or maybe none at all, depending on what job he does. If we don't wake up to this fact we will miss the opportunity to bring new SFIs on to the scene with the right level of selection and preparation and above all the focus must be on their ability to TEACH.

G.