PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2011, 05:57
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Damn, some of you guys would get into a jacuzzi full of naked supermodels, and complain because the water was too hot

Crying about "quality of life", for christ sake what would it take to make you happy?

I live in a beautiful big 5 bed villa in the expat district, we've got a full time maid and a gardener ($300 a month). We go out to bloody good restaurants and bars every weekend - last friday night it was steaks and cocktails here and then $50 sunday lunch (with bottomless Veuve Clicquot, lobsters and caviar) here. My kid goes to a really top school here, I'll be taking him for a swim in the pool and a run in the playground here this afternoon, which is also where my very nice gym is. My wife and her buddies go spend $5 for an hour long manicure / pedicure / massage two or three times a week here. Last time we had a week off, we went here for some scuba diving with these guys.

That's all off the top of my head without even trying, and obviously I'm not into the nightclubbing / singles scene, which is the biggest attraction of all for a lot of guys here.

I guess some people will turn over every stone to find something to bitch about, but as far as I'm concerned, we live like kings, don't count the cost of anything, we still have $2 or $3,000 left over every month to send home to the investment property - and I'M A DAMN F/O!! The upgrade, if and when it comes, will be a very nice addition to the retirement fund, but it's not really going to affect the lifestyle I already have, money wise.

Obviously it's different strokes for different folks, but my mates who live in very small apartments in HK or Singapore, have come here and been blown away by how we live. Captains who come here and cry about how much everything sucks, I really don't get it at all. And anyone who'd choose an outfit like NAS over this place, needs their head examined.