PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US General Peter Fuller fired as Afghan training chief
Old 6th Nov 2011, 00:48
jwcook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c) carry out retaliation. Every time the Taliban attack, blow up a mosque. Or two or three. Personally I reckon taking a few redundant 747s or DC10s, stuffing them full of fuel and remote piloting them into a couple of mosques would make people think strongly about whether they really wanted to help the Taliban

Hmmm flying a few planes into the world trade centre, and the pentagon certainly made the Americans pull their heads in.

Do you think that the original Taliban that were fighting in Afghanistan are the same ones now?, or are they being created somehow?

Think how you would react if some Muslim troops kicked in your front door looking for some undercover CIA bods.

Would welcome them as a liberating army.. or would you be motivated to join the insurgents that just want them gone by any means.

The only way to win (or draw) is to remove the creation of new enemy's, I do not think thats being achieved in any way shape or form, after a decade of fighting I think there are more now then a decade ago, I certainly don't see the world as any safer.

The Afgan government is isolated from reality by the presence of foreign powers.

I don't have any comprehensive answers for a solution, but it doesn't look like the present situation.