PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Military Planning for Iranian Strike?
Old 4th Nov 2011, 16:15
SAMXXV

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pr00ne said "
SAMXXV,

....is not only misguided, inaccurate and rather offensive, but to casually call Iranians 'ragheads' shows a huge lack of understanding of the middle east in general and Iran in particular. He is also weird in comparing and contrasting the military strength of the UK to Israel and coming to the bizarre conclusion that the UK by comparison is a third world power.

Heh SAMXXV, I suppose you would be happy to call any Sikh winner of the Victoria Cross, of which there are a goodly number a Raghead would you? Would you do that face to face with their relatives?

Weirdo.. "

Hilarious sir. I don't "casually" call Iranians "Ragheads" - because that is what they are - an illiterate bunch of animals (in general - I have known just a few intelligent men).

What in hell causes you to mention the Sikh's & VC's? Irrelevant!

Yes, the UK is an irrelevant military power TODAY - & probably for the future. France is a nuclear nation with several A/C Carriers, a mighty Air Force. They have the French Foreign Legion (feared worldwide - much more than the SAS/SBS).

The UK has bugger all today. Most of our weapons (airborne & submarine launched) are at the beck & call of Uncle Sam - who is almost bankrupt. We have absolutely no airborne nukes (WE177) since the good 'ole USA forced us into paying over £1,000,000 each for every one of RAF Marham's HAS's to have an underground nuclear storage facility in 1996 - that was scrapped 2 years later. I know because I was the crypto custodian then....

We have reasonably competent aircrew. The Navy are frightened to arrest/execute Somali pirates & are happy to have "fast boat crew" taken prisoner by the Iranian "Navy". Dare I mention our army (Of whom I am immensly proud).

In essence, I doubt if anybody awarded the VC would claim to be "brave" - they just happened to be covering their own arse at a time convenient to their immediate commander & politician's back home.

This will cause imflammantary remarks - but so be it - the truth.

Nobody that I have known ever wanted a "gallantry" award. Most tried to avoid it. Most awards were purely political, with no thought for the individual.

Ciow....