PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2011, 13:18
Queestce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all,

Figured this would be the best place to ask some ADF entry questions, obviously lots of people on here have been there and done that. I'm currently studying bridging courses in maths b and physics, as I studied neither at high school. I'm a CPL(H) licensed pilot who has finally decided that I should take the plunge, do these courses, and apply to the ADF as a pilot - as I had always wanted. My preferences would be; Army rotary pilot, Navy rotary pilot, then RAAF pilot.

Obviously the entry testing is heavily maths based, but I'm wondering how amazing you need to be at maths to get through this testing successfully? My coordination, and aptitude in other areas would be above average for sure, but my maths has never been my strongest point. Basically, I am wondering if you need be a natural born mathematician to have a decent chance of getting to the FSP? From what I've read the testing is more "quick maths", not finding definite integrals and the like... I've seen the programs run by differing companies aimed at preparing you for the testing, but it's difficult to see if these are a sham, or truly useful - any advice from anyone who has been enrolled in any of them would be great! The only other thing I wonder about is how important my high school marks/marks from the courses I'm currently enrolled in are? In that I'm wondering if the previous marks are treated as a prerequisite, and the ADF's testing is what makes all the difference, or whether it all forms part of how competitive I could be.

I have chatted to some of the DFR staff about other questions, but this stuff seems like it might be better answered by people who've actually undergone the testing recently. Would really appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Tk