PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 30th Oct 2011, 14:35
jinglied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sonny H,

I'm sure there are many very qualified F\O's at Emirates who would like to debate you on the "DEC 777" issue ....

Do you actually get several FREE flights every year? This must be a drastic change to past policies. I believe you get ONE free trip once per year, to your nominated home country. Am I wrong here?

Your claim to free schooling... how so? I didn't know anyone who did not have to supplement significantly out of their own income to pay for their children's education.

And the comments here about medical coverage. I totally agree with the fact that the pilots were taken care of VERY WELL by the company. I saw this myself on a couple of occasions. However, the coverage extended to families is something entirely different. The premium paid out of your income is quite small, but as a result, so is the coverage. Is it not more important to be protected for serious health issues than the small ones? If a family member becomes seriously ill, your coverage will be finished very quickly. You will be faced with returning to your home country OR paying medical bills out of your own pocket OR both.

Yes, I agree that the free accommodation is, for the most part, a good deal. Unless you are one of the 'lucky' ones who get placed into a 'dump' as we did. It was years before we could move into other accommodations, at our own cost obviously.

... Like Skytrax said, paint the whole picture ..

Jinglie'd