PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Qantas grounded effective immediately.
Old 29th Oct 2011, 10:22
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been busy over the past few hours reaccommodating clients and basically putting out bushfires.

This is starting to smell of the '89 debacle without a compliant PM to set it all up to take care of a fat obnoxious mate who bought his daughter a car.

I am sorry, but the Total Wankers Union has never been a favourite of mine after numerous disputes, and I despise some of the ex TN senior management in Qantas too (not you Whirley W) but think you are all being far too self important.

AJ - hello? Parameters were set for remuneration and mauch as I do not like his style of management, they were met. Pay time.

The Airline is profitable but in a market where MH is offering 5.5K business class return fares to Europe as opposes to 9K plus QF. That is pretty much a work of art being profitable.

The base rates have always sucked in ramp, but the penalties and overtime paid off my house before I turned 30. It is a pretty good gig really guys and girls - admit it.

Be scared union friendly dudes. If the airline shuts down and restructures with Government approval and support (remember the other part of '89 excluding you all blaming each other and not looking at the real villains) then you may have no jobs to go back to. The Union clowns will have long gone missing. No further dollars/ No more "rah rah" and going in search of another victim.

I got into trouble in ADL after I went to AN there for not joining the FCU. Told the local State manager to go pound sand up his arse. In 2 cases with TAA pulling out and then East West being swallowed and drowned by Ansett the union reps went totally missing once it was a done deal. Nothing.

Look over your shoulders guys and girls. When the goiung gets tough the union goes missing.

They are pretty much irrelevant now and only love you long time when you are paying.

If there is a chance you won't be, POOF - what rep?

All of you - GET OVER IT.

Sure, push for no overseas outsourcing. Live with the current pay offer (Coming out of difficult financial times - 2% less is still an increase) and TAKE CARE OF YOUR BLOODY AIRLINE!

This whole thing would be making many true Airline men and women roll in their graves.

The industry is nearly beyond hope of retaining a semblance of its former greatness.

Please do not trash it now.

Best all

EWL