PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hug a pilot...BA
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2011, 21:50
finding_nema

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it just boils down to common sense and good manners surely, that it's polite when you get to your hotel if the entire crew down the back have organised to go out that you quickly mention it to the guys the other side of the flight deck door. Most will probably say "no" anyway, as they have their own plans or might even not be the sociable type, but the fact you've offered goes a long way in promoting CRM.

For example, my most recent European "tour" included a night in a city I used to live in. Cue hysteria in the briefing telling people of lots of lovely places to go, and that even if they didn't want to come, I was off! Flight crew were invited and although they didn't come for the day trip, we all had dinner together and all paid our own way. It just created a really nice and relaxed environment, which extended to the following day at work.

I understand there's a lot of deep rooted issues amongst people on both sides of the flight deck door from before I joined the airline, but I always find harboring grudges gives me ulcers. Would much rather have a sympathetic ear and a chat around the CRC or on the staff bus with anyone, regardless of job, fleet or rank and it makes me a lot happier to come to work (even when you're right Betty, the money can be quite tight!)