PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 26th Oct 2011, 09:23
slowjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me the light trainer ! Sounds a million miles better than the picture Thexman paints. All credit to the latter. Splendid post but what a miserable life it seems to have become. If you really have resigned, you have demonstrated great courage. Years ago, as an anti-union person, I used to tell people, 'If you don't like it, leave !' That was when there were lots of jobs around. I tried to change things from within but got slapped around, quite a bit. I HAD to join the bloody Union but they did not change the things that really matter to us. Things that Thexman articulates so well. Glad I am about to hang up my boots. I can boast 40 years of it and have seen a once glorious career disintegrate into this mess that we endure daily. My own company is going the same way. Cabin crew reporting pilots, huge restrictions on Staff Travel, daft uniform hats (Once observed a foreign crew, immaculate in trendy uniforms, no hats, which really suited the younger, good looking Dudes with, yes, wait for it, very tidy but LONG hair). The trend, downwards, in T&C's, does go back , some twenty odd years. Joined a new Company where the Fleet Manager, in a private rant, claimed that his last year in Airline Piloting was, clearly, his unhappiest. Hey, buddy, in the Big Hangar, it has got a lot worse & I share Thexman's fear that it could lead to a terrible disaster. I cannot choose my last flight either but I am damned if I am going to wear my bloody hat & I WILL take to work my PINK flight bag with that lovely BIG sticker on the side that says " Pilots dot it in the cockpit".
Good luck Thex,. You are going to do just fine. Safe flying out there.