PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI pilots scramble for Dreamliner take-off
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 09:08
Speed Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
irrespective of the status of the order of the 787's 8 sets of crew from AI and 8 sets of crew from IC are heading to london and singapore respectively in the first week of november for simulator. the ai p2's are those who went ab-initio on the 777 in 2007....the ic p2's are 2000 hours experience on the 320's....lock in period of 5 years on the 787's. ai is taking the ab-initio pilots because of a rule of only 2 endorsements until command as first officer and no one else was eligible. and no these p2's are not the nepotism kind. and a mix of igrua and non-igrua. no foul play here. the ic lot were chosen as 150 p2's above these lot due for command with all requirements completed and they anticipate their command to come only after 5 years. the p1's from ic are 25-30 years command experience senior p1's. these sets are going for training (i think) for the 2 787's slated for arrival this year (irrespective of the gom decision). in all 108 p2's slated from ic for the 787 conversion over next 3 years.

i thing is for sure. i will finally end up flying more than 70 hours a month. finally!!!!