PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part 66 B1-Help
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2011, 05:46
flame_bringer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi lochias
Whether someone goes to university or not they will never be B1 approved with merely 2 years experience I can't think of any airline that approves 2 years experienced folks that have just come out of university, It could be a good shortcut to get a license but you wouldn't be an engineer in 2 years you'll still have to put up with the spanners work for a good period of 5 years atleast and thats speaking out of personal experience in our airline there are around 4 guys with a full b1 license and have been in the company for 3 years and they're still mechanics, The managment has been reluctant to issue them even an A1 approval yet let alone a full B1 so it wouldn't make any difference plus if you're employed already you wouldn't worry about yourself being prone to be jobless because your job is there already all you need to do is pass your examinations and finally one will manage to save more money in this way since these kind of courses are not cheap.
The guy in question is planning to apply for qatar airways and I know with full certainty that they have the same mindset as our company that is no shortcuts to become an engineer he'll have to jump through hoops.
Anyways thats just my perspective.

Last edited by flame_bringer; 23rd Oct 2011 at 06:00.