PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CARBON TAX-It's Started!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2011, 00:31
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fellas fellas fellas.

Some lean to the left. Some lean to the right. Some overbalance and fall off the right hand edge of the earth. We're all entitled to our political views.

Just as the 10% tax on absolutely everything by many people's political hero (not mine though) John Howard didn't cost you your jobs, neither is the carbon tax. Industry will adjust and people will get used to it. I just hope, somewhat vainly, that they use it wisely and as it was intended.

Both parties have made somewhat of a hash of the policy though. Gillard has been extraordinary clumsy in its introduction, and Abbott has just ticked off Business leaders by telling them he'll trash everything when he gets into power, which is the absolute last thing Business wanted to hear.

I know Gillard is lagging badly in the polls, but between her and Abbott, I seriously wonder who is the biggest twit.

And airsupport, although what you say is partly correct, it is irrelevant. It has a variety of causes. Some of those can be "natural" and some can not. And mods, if this thread gets too heavily into politics and anti-science, can we move it somewhere or bin it?