PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2011, 17:19
Runnerbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tempted back on by this thread

Have just read this thread from start to finish - wonderful stuff! I gained my rotary licence in 1985 on F-28A G-BALE, mentioned on an earlier page, buying blocks of hours from Adrian Reynard and being taught by the late and much lamented Hugh Colquhoun. If anyone wants to see it I can muster a pic of Brantly B2B G-WASP (my second Brantly) which I co-owned in the early nineties, joining the other two owners when it was more or less a shell and a box of bits in the back of a hangar. Little did I know we had a five-year task ahead of us, including one or more trips to the US for parts, but CSE Engineering (inc the redoubtable Arthur Thurley) got it airborne in the end.

Sadly school fees and a growing business then curtailed my rotary wing flying, though I have continued to fly a plank. For the past six months I've been thinking I might revert and buy an F280 Shark, so if anyone knows of a really good one, please advise. I've looked at a couple, (at least one of which appears on this thread) but not gone ahead for various reasons.

Last edited by Runnerbean; 18th Oct 2011 at 17:47.