PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL in a Twin
Thread: PPL in a Twin
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2011, 12:00
vjmehra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep spot on, that was what I was asking!

Whilst I appreciate this may not be the most practical way to do things, its an interesting debate at least!

Also, I often seem to read on these forums people satying get as many hours as you can on type, so if you intend to fly twins, post ppl, this seems to make sense.

Just to explain my personal situation a bit more...

I was all set to start my SEP PPL at the start of this year, had a trial lesson in a C-152, PA-28 140 and then a PA-28 180, was all set to begin training with Willow Air at Southend in a C-172 when of course they went bust :-(

Since then two things have stopped me flying...one I bought a boat!!! Secondly the missus is incredibly concerned about flying in a single engine plane, which also means she's terrified about me doing it! Hence, I was wondering if there was a potential way round this, as that would make her feel better, knowing at least that I have the extra engine! Also, just by a twist of fate a potential job opportunity has come up for me in Switzerland and whilst I appreciate even if I started flying now I might be years away from being able to fly there from the UK, it may be a fun objective to try and achieve one day.

So in short, my logic is, that once PPL qualified, I would attempt an MEP rating anyway, therefore whilst the cost is clearly an issue in reality, it is good to know this route could be theoretically possible!