PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training the Trainers (TtT) in the Commercial Twin Turbine World
Old 16th Oct 2011, 12:59
hihover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geoffers,

Unfortunately, outside of the military, the world is driven by annual profits and losses, thus, the bottom line is the target that the owners of these new helicopters will be focussed on, not the quality of the individuals delivering the training.

Many establishments turn newly qualified pilots into instructors who then teach the next batch of student pilots. This is cheaper than hiring well qualified instructors and with quality supervision, the system works (whether we like it or not).

I think you will find that the SFIs of the future could follow a similar route if your estimation of 70% SFIs is accurate. I doubt very much that a business will hire an experienced pilot/TRI at great expense if it is not necessary.

I hope we never get there, the one thing I enjoy most about sim sessions is that, even if your SFI doesn't have tons of time on type, they are generally well established and experienced pilots with lots to offer. Long may that be the case.

TM