PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 12th Oct 2011, 12:53
Scuttled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SFFP

It's only you harping on about class. The 'chip on shoulder' comment keeps being thrown at you as that is how you come across.

As has been stated pretty clearly many times, it's not a class thing - it's a discipline thing. Simplistically:

a. SAC, bad day, drinks too much, shouts a bit in the NAAFI but can't (luckily) grab his sgt or Rodney by the neck and tell him what he thinks of him. Next day hangover, no harm done.

b. SNCO/Rodney, bad day, drinks too much, gets over emotional and makes an arse of himself. Other parties haven't seen it, next day hangover, apologies to peers, no sniggering airmen/sgts/officers (del as necessary), no harm done.

I made this point 10 posts back; it's for the protection of all ranks. I'm overseas without any messing system and I do enjoy a beer after work a few nights a week. I have found a bar that the lads don't use at all which is now my local, or mess bar, for the reasons outlined above. However I will happily join them for the international rugby, before leaving them to it again so I don't get in the way.

It is that simple.