PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cargolux details requested!
View Single Post
Old 10th Oct 2011, 20:19
emergency descent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargolux jobs, payscales and entry requirements.

Without selling any off-days I would say EUR 4,5k salary net + EUR 1,1k net (EUR 4 "per diem" per hour from starting duty in LUX until check out in LUX) for a non married low seniority f/o.
Married the net salary would be about EUR 702 net more (EUR 5,2k net)
If below 600 hrs on 747 aircraft (usually the first year) it will be about EUR 700 net less.

For a single low seniority captain it would be around EUR 7,5 - 8 k salary net + EUR 1,2 k net (EUR 4,5 per hour from check in LUX until check out LUX)

Married the net salary for a captain would be about EUR 745 more.

13 salaries (with a bit of luck 14 or more because of profit sharing) are payed per year.

A f/o after thirty years in company would earn almost exactly double the money then on in his second year (with more then 600 hrs on 747) or as much as a captain in his 7īth year.

A captain after thirty years would earn 53% more then a captain in his first year. This however is in far theoretical, as a f/o who would receive his upgrade after eg. 10 years would start in the same payscale as a captain who is since 10 years in the captains payscale.

To make things easy, your income would increase by more or less 58% after you upgrade.

On top all salaries in Luxembourg are index based, thus by law they have to be increased by 2,5% each time the inflation rises by 2,5 %.
The next increase will be in October 2011.
For 2012 they plan a 5 % increase in 2 steps (one in April, one in September)

As Cargolux is always desperately short of pilots, it is up to you if you want to sell some of your precious off-days.

It is possible to double your monthly income if you donīt care about your private life.

Everyone pilot you ask will tell you how much he is against the practice of selling off-days and how bad he thinks of his colleagues who do it from time to time.
As I recently spoke with 2 of the guys from our Crew Control, I found out, that with very few exceptions the majority of all pilots sells some days from time to time.

net = take-home pay.

I guess these facts in combination with the days off explain why hardly anyone resigns from Cargolux. The net income and the off days beat the conditions of most major carriers + you donīt have to "suffer" in the desert.

Last edited by emergency descent; 10th Oct 2011 at 20:37.