PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 9th Oct 2011, 10:27
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the Daily Mail. Outrage is what it thrives on.

Absolute horsesh*t from my (and my wifes POV, who showed me the article). Since when does your OH have to give up a sucessful career to be a service wife? I know a fair few doctors, teachers and legal profession who are partners not only of Officers but also the knockers too! There are a fair few that live the stepford wives model, but thats their choice, no one elses!

I also am aware of "NCO filth" (as she would have us believe the RAF system treats them) being married to senior officers in the RAF, no mention of this. Nor the street parties down Pintail where I am sure plenty of ORs went to.

THe problem with tripe like this is partners of prospective joiners will read this and take it as gospel.

As for having to keep the place tidy, she could have kept the house a pigsty and paid 250 quid to get it cleaned up when she moved out!

She could even have used some OMO on the curtains if she didnt want to pay for having them cleaned...

As for requirements of the officer's wives, wasnt there a recent LYE stn cdr who didnt use quarters on a full time basis due to their wife's professional employment?

If any senior officer attempted to OJAR debrief me on my wifes deportment and bearing, I would get up (mid speil), walk out and close the door behind me.