PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Your husband will never be promoted if you wear trousers
Old 9th Oct 2011, 10:02
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 421 Likes on 222 Posts
There some truths in the article, but so what? Much of her annoyances seem to stem from the fact she wasn't able to do domestic stuff for herself, like cook or clean (I can, and still do and I'm a bloke). Cleaning a quarter for the next occupant and keeping it to a required standard in other ways? She obviously didn't notice when she moved in that someone had done the same for her....

However, rank conscious wives....yes, some were, very. I recall one lady introducing herself at a social function as "Mrs Sqn Ldr E***".

One of the pilots immediately very politely curtsied for her..

Once, at a secret helicopter base some where in Hampshire, during my formal F1369 debrief, from the newly arrived Sqn Boss (Wing Cdr), he began to debrief me on my wife! This hadn't happened before in the previous ten years or so. I took great exception to this and I asked if I could go and fetch her so she could listen. I was told that wouldn't be necessary. I think my marks went down.....

Clothing whilst off duty? I was once taken to task for wearing a leather jacket and what was described as "a loud tie".