PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paris Issy le Moulineaux
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2011, 12:54
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Paris Issy le Moulineaux

From the AIP for the Paris heliport:

Use for private flights :
Captains, holders of professional licenses and having frequented the heliport within the last 24 months, must have received within a public transport or air work institution, the specific formation specified above, applied to their type of aircraft.

Other captains in general aviation destined to use the heliport must have performed an arrival and a departure under supervision of an authorized flight instructor. The flight instructor must dispense a theoretical training before the flight, explaining the specificities and special instructions of the heliport.
The profit of these trainings is kept for captains having frequented the heliport within the last 24 months.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it as strict as they suggest in practice? I hold a CPL(H)FI and have never visited the site but I'm keen to and have seen approach/departure videos and spoken with others who have used the site. I would like to know if any training is really necessary. Has anyone been in recently undertaken the training or been in without? is it checked/enforced ? (I heard that this was never a requirement in the past and don't know when it was introduced).

Cheers, Aucky