PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca V Crash
Thread: Seneca V Crash
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2011, 22:09
cldrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the excerpt from the originator:

http://www.pprune.org/biz-jets-ag-fl...ml#post6356717

Mark Gustavson was the PIC, not Weaver, as supposedly taken from the accident report:

MARK LEROY GUSTAVSON

Address
Street 7960 SOQUEL DR STE B109City APTOS State CACounty SANTA CRUZZip Code 95003-3999Country USA
All the relevant paperwork on this accident was completed by Rob Weaver and accepted as such by the insurers, as it would seem we are now deemed to be withholding the Pilot's identity I have been given full permission to disclose this information and his details will be on the footer of this post. The facts remain that he wasn't employed by us and that we haven't until now divulged his details because we thought those who needed to know already did (i.e. The Police etc )
So either Mark is now retracting his earlier admission of being PIC on the accident report and being the PIC when the aircraft ran out of fuel, therefore being the ultimate person responsible for causing the crash or the originator and insurance company were furnished with a false statement by someone.

As Mr. Gustavson is on the accident report he is either worried about now having an accident on his record or he has other ulterior motives for now denying his involvement.

Either way, it all smells a little fishy and I for one would not trust Mr. Gustavson with my airplane if I was ever looking for a ferry pilot, or for that matter a freelance pilot on one of the other aircraft he is supposedly rated on.