PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - altimeter calibration
View Single Post
Old 17th Sep 2011, 07:57
A320Slave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
graivity32,

For anyone who clicks my links combined with reading your posts here, they will understand you opened this thread to gain support of pressure altimeter error operating "outside pressure altimeter calibration".

After you disclosed the speed on page 4, every single pilot on this thread concluded that the pressure altimeter was not operating outside of it's calibrated envelope.

So let us put this into perspective..

The Radalt was operating more than 2x outside of it's tracking capability according to the data.

You seem to think that the tracking capability is based on vertical closure rate with terrain and/or any obstacles on the terrain. You are wrong. Trigonometry proves you wrong.

Here is another lesson in aviation terminology. When one talks of "tracking" or "track", it is the track of the aircraft over the ground. Not the vertical speed of the aircraft..

For example, according to your claim that radalt tracking capability is based on vertical speed, if the aircraft were traveling at 250 knots (422 fps forward speed) with a descent rate of 320 fps (19,200 fpm), you are implying that the radalt could track this measurement because the vertical descent rate is less than 330 fps tracking capability..

Pilots here will understand how absurd this notion is as the angle of descent is almost 50 degrees.

Given the links I have provided above, and the replies given by the pilots here, I guarantee you will not find one pilot to sign their name to your next paper, just like you have not been able to find one to sign their name to your last 3 papers over the past 3 years, including your papers prior which claim the WTC was demolished by the use of themate.

You will not gain "influence" among the circles you are attempting to influence. You lose credibility each time you attempt to discredit real and verified pilots. Keep up the good work!